Thursday, July 30, 2009

Too Much

Sometimes I think my day is just too much with 10 people vying for my attention at any given point of the day. It seems like every day I'm in back to back meetings and when I'm not, there is always someone at my desk asking for help. Now, I know I'm a manager and responsible for my team and their issues, however, most of the time I can never get my own work done! As a result, I spend many days in the office until 8 or 9 in the evening. Since I arrive to work normally around 8:30-8:45ish, that is a twelve hour day. Multiple twelve hour days in a week equals EXHAUSTION!

In addition, some people apparently feel it is perfectly fine to do a half-ass job and get rewarded for it. When just about everyone in the office doesn't want to work with you some would think you would catch on. It also must be nice to sit all day at your desk and surf the Internet when members of your own team feel they cannot come to you for help. In this economy people should be working their asses off to keep the job they have and be grateful they have a job.

Thank God it's almost Friday and I got to come home to this today...


Photobucket


~AKO

0 comments: