Sunday, August 16, 2009

Is There Ever Enough Closet Space?

So, I've always had a love/hate relationship with our closet. Between my clothes, Freddy's civilian clothes and his military gear, we never seem to have enough closet space. As a matter of fact, his military gear takes up an entire closet in our second bedroom. I'm almost inclined to look for a home with a fourth bedroom that we can use as a walk-in closet!

Anyway, I've seen this little item on TV a number of times. It is called "The Wonder Hanger" and is supposed to triple your closet space.


Photobucket


Of course I'm always skeptical of gadgets that are supposed solve all of my problems. However, the other night we happen to see them in the mall and decided to pick up a couple boxes. Each box contained 8 hangers, each of which has room for 5 hangers.

Tonight I thought I would give it a go and try to organize our bedroom closet with these magical hangers that were going to make my life better. Our closet started out looking like this:


Photobucket


Yes... yes... we have a bad habit of hanging a lot on the door rather than actually IN the closet. Not to mention my shoes all over the floor :( However, two hours and 16 wonder hangers later, our closet looked like this:


Photobucket


Not bad, if I do say so myself. Granted, these little miracle workers didn't solve all of my closet problems, but they definitely made a small dent. I would highly recommend them if you are facing similar closet space issues. We only paid $9.99 per box at the store we found them in so the price wasn't too bad. I may buy some more and overhaul our coat closet :)

~AKO

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I"m so glad to hear that it was a success with the new closet gadget....I too was a little worried about these things...I think I will go ahead and buy some to use for our house....about a month ago I bought Bump It for the hair....you might want to pick one up..I love it!!!