Monday, September 6, 2010

Whittling Away at the List

I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow so I feel like we've entered the home stretch and there is still a lot to do. Approximately 10 weeks until the arrival of Baby O. All I can say is that Freddy and I definitely labored during this labor day weekend. Of course, a couple of things have been added to the list. I feel like completing one item adds 2 more!

Friday was pretty much a wash since I had my 3 hour glucose test. I'll hopefully have my results by my doctor's appointment on Wednesday.

Saturday we took care of #1. We ended up putting the sofa and love seat on layaway so we'll have it all paid off when it gets delivered in November. #7, 8, & 9 were also accomplished Saturday night. I really liked the way everything turned out. I do have some before and after shots but I haven't had a chance to get them off the camera yet.

Last night I ordered a cabinet for our china, which takes care of #11. It isn't a true china cabinet, but for the sake of space I'm happy with the purchase. It is actually supposed to be used as a portable kitchen island and is just the right size for a bare wall in our dining room. Once we move into our own house I'll look for a real china cabinet.

Sunday was spent with Freddy's family for the 1 year memorial for his uncle's passing. Turns out I will burst into flames if out in the sun for too long. I ended up getting a sunburn on my chest, nose, and head just by standing out in the cemetary for a couple of hours.

Today I took care of #4 and 17. At the end of the day we have 3 full garbage bags of clothes and accessories for Goodwill. I still want to go through my dresser and clean that out, but that is for another day. What we decided to do with the baby clothes that can hang is to use part of the California closet that Freddy was using for his military jackets. He was able to organize the closet in our 2nd bedroom to put all of his stuff in to clear out one of the 2 bars for baby clothes.

And, the grand finale of the weekend is that Freddy and I just finished putting the crib together (#19)! We don't have bedding for it yet but we did get the mattress for it on Saturday. Once we have bedding and I've completed the name sign I'll post photos.

1. Purchase a new sofa and love seat
2. Purchase a new crib, changer, and dresser
3. Clean and organize the office/storage room
4. Organize our bedroom to make room for crib
5. Switch out the old computer desk for the new one
6. Put up curtains in living room
7. Put up blinds/curtains in main bathroom
8. Put up blinds/curtains in small bathroom
9. Put up curtains in dining room
10. Put up all pictures, art, and other various wall hangings
11. Purchase china cabinet for china still trapped in boxes
12. Put up curtains in kitchen
13. Complete cross stitch name picture for Baby O
14. Order pictures for and complete wedding frame collage
15. Clean apartment!!!
16. Purchase bathroom space saver for baby bath supplies
17. Organize closets to make room for baby clothes
18. Organize bookshelves to make room for baby storage
19. Put crib together
20. Put dresser/changer together

I'm starting to feel a little better about the state of our apartment and its readiness for Baby O. I can't believe how much we got done this weekend, but I do know is that I'll be sore tomorrow. Thank goodness for 3 day weekends!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

~AKO

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at your list! You guys are going to town on it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Only 5 more items to go. I hope you didn't forget anything :-)