Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 Classics Reading Challenge

One of the book challenges that I've joined this year is the Classics Reading Challenge. This challenge interested me purely because I don't read any classic literature! Because I know me, I decided to focus on what are essentially categorized as "Children's Classics". Can you believe I've never read any of these books? I'm not sure what I was doing in school. The following list includes what I plan to read as the minimum number required for the challenge.

1. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
2. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
3. A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
4. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
5. Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
6. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
7. The Call of the Wild by Jack London
8. White Fang by Jack London

I plan to try and post monthly on my progress for this challenge.





~AKO

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 1) and 6) at home and have not read them before. But I have seen the Legend of Sleepy hollow because I look English films!

I hope you have fun reading too!