Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mommyhood

As Marshall approaches his 4 month old birthday next week, I've been thinking lately about everything that I do differently now that I'm a mommy.

1. First and foremost I get up much earlier than I ever did before. I've never been a morning person so when I have to drag my behind out of bed at 7:00am on a Saturday morning it is not easy.

2. I've always been a researcher, but now I spend just about every minute of free time that I have online reading about different types of baby supplies and which ones have the best reviews.

3. I've never been much of a napper, but now I take any kind of nap I can get.

4. Screaming kids in public places no longer bother me. As a matter of fact, half the time I don't even notice it anymore.

5. I can change a poopy diaper in no time flat!

6. I don't feel rediculous acting rediculous for my baby in public.

7. Oh the things I can do one handed!

8. I haven't seen a full television program in 4 months and don't even really have much of an interest in watching TV.

9. I feel the need to keep our apartment clean all the time, even though we can't seem to keep it that way :)

10. I tend to look at everyone's babies while I'm passing by and smile.

I love my little bubby...


Marshall


~AKO

3 comments:

Jessa said...

It's amazing how quickly things change when they come along, isn't it? He's adorable! :D

Skye said...

Soo true!
#4 and #10 resignate big with me too!
(OK, and #2 as I am a research-aholic!)

Alicia said...

Hmmm...I think I agree with all of those! Things sure do change when you have a baby, but it's in a good way!