Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Project I Just Might Complete!

The Christmas season was very disorganized for me this year.  It all started with Freddy's possible overseas deployment that wrecked havoc on our summer.  While I was preparing and expecting to move into our new house in September alone 4 weeks before the deployment was supposed to begin (Freddy was supposed to be at a training course during our scheduled closing and move), his deployment was cancelled a week before closing.  While we were happy that he didn't have to leave for 12 months, our summer had been pretty much ruined with various pre-deployment training requirements.  To the point where Freddy almost missed Marshall's baptism in August!

While we were settling into our new home, Hurricane Sandy hit at the end of October.  Freddy was deployed out to Long Island for two weeks while Marsh, 4 putties and I did our best to cope with chilly weather and no power.  We were lucky in that we sustained minimum property damage and only lost power for 3 days.  Others around our town were not so lucky.

Oh... and Marsh turned 2 the day after Sandy hit!  Last year we had a huge snow storm on his 1st birthday, which makes me wonder what next year will bring!

Anyway...  we were supposed to have Marsh's birthday party on 11/10, but pushed it back to 11/24 since Freddy had only just been released that same weekend.

So, Thanksgiving hit, then Marsh's birthday party, then all of a sudden it was December 10th and I hadn't even ordered my Christmas cards yet!!!  I finally got our Christmas tree and a few decorations up around the house, but never got around to putting everything up.  We still have a lot of boxes to unpack yet from the move and still trying to figure out where we want everything to live.  I did most of my Christmas shopping online (thanks free shipping from Amazon!!!) but just couldn't get around to getting things organized.

I had missplaced my Erin Condren 2012 Life Planner shortly after Hurricane Sandy and just couldn't get myself organized without it.  I finally found it last week and the first thing I did was write down a task list of everything I still needed to get done.

So, back to the original subject of this post...  I've been thinking a lot over the past couple of days about what I would like to accomplish in 2013.  The usual are on the list...  get fit, get organized, pay down debt, etc.  I usually end up with crafty type things on my list that I never seem to finish, but I think I might have found something that I might actually finish this year!

It is called a Smash Book.  Now, I cannot take credit for coming up with the idea.  I saw it posted on The Young Retiree today and was intrigued by the ability to be inpulsive with it.  I started doing some research on the web to see what was involved and found a whole world of "smashers".  I have an idea on what I want to do and it involves the purchase of this little guy...



Once I iron out all the details, I'll let you in on my plans!  I won't be trading in my Nikon anytime soon, but the Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera will allow me to get some shots instantly to add to my book.

Oh... and by the way... tonight is the last full moon of 2012!


~AKO

0 comments: