Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's Eve!

I had big plans for this years New Year's Eve...  Roast in the crock pot for dinner, holiday lights at the zoo, and yummy snacks to watch the ball drop...

Well, it didn't quite pan out that way.  As I was cutting potatos this morning to throw in the crock pot, I managed to slice my thumb wide open with a paring knife.  We managed to stop the bleeding after about 30 minutes.  Once we assessed the damage after the bleeding stopped, we knew right away it was going to need stitches :(

So we spent 4 hours in the ER today and came out with 5 stitches.  Marshall passed out in the car while we were waiting for my prescription to be filled so we decided just to stay in tonight.  Our wild and crazy evening now includes pizza and possibly an NCIS marathon before we watch the ball drop.

Hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve!

~AKO

0 comments: